Monday, May 23, 2011

SANDWICHED BY THE SUBWAY DOOR

  • SANDWICHED BY THE SUBWAY DOOR
WSK 4TH ORIENTATION AND 3RD AWARDS CEREMONY
It was December 3, 2010 (Friday) when the Third Awards Ceremony and the 4th orientation of WSK was held at the Meeting Hall of the National Museum of Korea located at Ichon. I was not able to sleep well last night; I had to submit a draft of my paper which is made me preoccupied until 3 in the morning. I asked a favor from one of my roommate (Francis) if he could wake me up at 5:00 AM, he did not hesitate and said: yes. Headache plus fatigue led me to a deep sleep. I was awakened by the rumblings of my other roommate (Tom), flabbergasted and do not know what to do, I began to run towards the shower to take a quick bath. Tom is also rushing for he is bound for Shanghai that morning and he is also late.
Since I will be going to Ichon, I decided to wait for the Yongsan express train. At Guro station, the coach suddenly stopped, my limited Korean language led me to a conclusion that it was not a sudden halt but a total stop which requires me to transfer to another coach, I ran as fast as I could and before I was able to enter the train, the door closed. “Ouch…” I said in a shy tone…My glasses fell off inside while not even a single person inside the train approached me. Maybe they were also shocked.  Thank heavens the door suddenly opened and I grabbed my glasses before anyone was able to step on it. Feeling exhausted and ashamed (because of what happened) I just stood straight and pretend nothing had happened.
Upon arriving at Ichon station, I called Mae and she told me the program already started and they already had their group picture. She was also very helpful to fetch me at the Museum lobby and ushered me up to the Meeting Hall. At the venue, Ms. Mi Kyoung Shin, one of the organizers was already explain what WSK is. It was then followed by the awarding ceremony of the best blogger and the presentation of certificates to the 52 new WSK Ambassadors. 
We also had a nice breakfast: coffee and chicken sandwich while chatting with all the students. After the short presentation we all headed to the Museum to explore valuable mementos and artifacts on Korean Ancient History.
We had this nice memory card and brochure.

No comments:

Post a Comment