Thursday, May 26, 2011

UNDER THE CHERRY BLOSSOMS

UNDER THE CHERRY BLOSSOMS

It was not actually planned, right after my teaching volunteer activity at Banwon Elementary School for Korea National Commission for UNESCO- MIZY. Chiden and I went to see the Spring Festival at Kyung Hee University. KHU is a six minutes walk from Hoegi Station. The street leading to the Main gate is decorated with colorful chinese lanterns which add beauty to the festive mood of this day. As one enters the compound of KHU you will be welcomed by a gate with some Chinese inscriptions.


Colorful lanterns decorate the street leading to KHU.

The Gate serves as a passage for all visitors and students alike.

A monument at the center of the main rotunda.

This reminds me of UST's Arch of the Centuries.

Their Soccer court which was turned (this day) as a parking lot to accommodate the large number of visitors.


Pre-nuptial photos for this cute couple.


Another view of the soccer field.
The College of Music Building.

Cherry blossoms near the library.




Perhaps she is the goddess of wisdom.

Near the Main Library

Library Interior
The most photographed edifice in KHU...A Cathedral like structure


At the Bridge 


I was wearing my leather shoes this day and before I reached my room (My school is 1 and 30 minutes away from KHU),the soles of my feet are already swelling and hurting a lot... Still, I have no regrets for this University was a feast for the eyes and a refreshment for my weary schedules. 

No comments:

Post a Comment