Monday, May 23, 2011

HOW I BECAME A WSK AMBASSADOR

HOW I BECAME A WSK AMBASSADOR
During my one year and five months stay 
here in Korea, I was fortunate to visit almost all of the famous tourist attractions within the metropolitan Seoul and even some destinations in the far flung provinces (which is very accessible using the Korail or the KTX). As a Tourism graduate in the Philippines, I was deeply motivated to see and analyze the Korean Tourism sector, how they branded and packaged Korea as the Soul of Asia---a country endowed with beautiful landscapes, mesmerizing mountain ranges, delicious cuisines and friendly people.
I went to our International Affairs one afternoon of November, 2010 to confirm my attendance for the Seoul Pax Forum 2010. I saw a poster about the World Students in Korea, the secretary as clueless, she resquested me to visit Mr. Park (the person in charge) unluckily he was not there so I just said to myself, maybe that event was not meant for me. This semester became a very hectic one: loads of paper works like weekly reviews and précis, thesis side by side with my Teaching assistant activities here at school. I also work part time as an editor.  I also actively participate in our local church as an altar boy (yes, I am! though I am already 22 years old). Going back to the story, I headed to my room to rest for a while before going to my class, while lying on my bed, the curiosity about WSK still resounds on my head. Then, I immediately get up, plugged my laptop and started searching about WSK. Upon getting on the exact site, I browsed and read some informative articles and the happenings interests me. I filled up the application form and gave a big sigh because my blog is not updated for almost a year and a half.
“My blog is not that professional, at least I’ve tried” I said to myself while shutting down my laptop. After three weeks, I got a message congratulating me for successfully passing their screening. Much more, one Filipina from Sogang University (Ms. Christine Mae Sarito from Talisay, IloIlo) is also one of the participants for the fourth batch.  Before I knew it, she already sent a message in my facebook congratulating me and saying that we both passed. I was so also happy that afternoon, because it was unexpected and I took it as a challenge. My friend is one of the best bloggers in the Philippines, (you may visit his site: ) and his blog opened so many opportunities for him, at the same time, you can get so many information from his write-ups, trivia and other useful stuff that is beneficial for students, researchers and foreigners in general.
That is also the essence of this blog, I aim to:
1.       To promote Korea as a Tourism destination encompassing the totality of Tourism as also an investment sector;
2.       To strengthen the linkages between Filipino scholars and other Korean and international students;
3.       To foster awareness and concern on the value of Tourism as a tool for educating people from around the world resulting to a more cohesive global society;
4.       To encourage foreigners to visit the Philippines as well, a country with 7,107 islands and splendors that will captivate every visitor.
These objectives will be my blueprint in the entire duration of this program. Together with WSK, I say loud and proud: “AJA! Korea fighting!” 

No comments:

Post a Comment