Thursday, May 26, 2011

NOSTALGIA

NOSTALGIA


I went to Su Song Elementary School for my Fourth day of duty in this program spearheaded by the MIZY Seoul Youth Center. The kids here are so active and vibrant. Whenever I go to elementary schools, the smell of pencils, crayons; the rickety sound of the sharpener and the colorful lunch boxes and bags lined up along the wall makes me feel nostalgic about my elementary days; when I and my friends play and brag about our new coloring books and toys (yes! we bring them at school and have it confiscated for a while). How I and my friends line up for break-time. I will not forget how I really hated the champorado and the Skippy sandwich they serve at the canteen. 


Oh! those days were so stressful for me (I suppose); pulling my bag loaded with all those thick books and stationeries.




Yet, whenever I look back, I can't help but laugh about those petty tricks we did...those were the days...

No comments:

Post a Comment