Tuesday, June 14, 2011

INDONESIAN DELIGHT


INDONESIAN DELIGHT



January 2011 - There are few touristy spots in Jakarta and if you want to go for a leisure tour, visit Yogyakata (Ancient ruins of Borobodur) or Bali (beaches) The city is a typical Southeast Asian center of trade and commerce. . You will definitely got that feeling that you are in Manila...:) The place has the aura of Bangkok or Kuala Lumpur... Since I am a first timer in the capital of the world's largest archipelago, I decided to roam around the streets and try all modes of transport like the bajai., "killer" bus and their busway (I will post a seperate blog for that). Today, I want to share some of the sumptuous dishes that I ate during my 4 day sojourn. The taste is quite salty and nutty with a dash of spiciness. You can taste local delicacies at their local restaurant known as "Masakan Padang". I also wanted to eat their street foods, but my guide told me not..There are lots of malls in Indonesia that can even surpass Glorrieta or Greenbelt like Lotte Mall, Plaza Indonesia and Grand Indonesia... They have various restaurants there that will definitely entice your taste buds..

Here are the photos:)

This one is definitely not TUPIG, its tastes like Kikiam specially with that nutty sauce

Chicken Satay at Taman Safari

Nasi Goreng, their version of fried rice

Spicy veggies

After our Taman Safari Tour, we head to Cimorry...they sell the tastiest dairies and yogurt in Indonesia.

After a tiring day, my friend treat me to the Indonesian version of Dampa where you can buy fresh seafoods and ask them to cook it for you for a fee.

Calamares

Sweet and Spicy

bean sprouts


I really like the taste of this fish with cooked in some beef broth.

Magnum Almond for dessert :)

Now, time for some pastries...Rotiboy is now an international brand now, we have one here near Catholic University. Yeokgok Station.

I LOVE BREAD LIFE

yum.....yum....yum....


Got this meal at Plaza Indonesia.....

KFC meal at Pasaraya

These tastes like a beef wanton soup.....I'm now drooling while typing this blog...Pork delicacies are not easily found in Jakarta! That's why I love this city...I can eat seafood and beef all day long :) I'll definitely visit Jakarta and continue my food trip..soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment